Department: IT Services
Salary: £47,325 to £52,833 per annum (Grade 6)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 13-Oct-2020
Closing date: 27-Oct-2020
About the Role
As part of the Client Devices team, the Tech Lead EUC role is responsible for helping to design and implement the optimal End User Computing solutions and the technical leadership of the project’s implementation with associated technical resources. The role is responsible for successful delivery of projects and initiatives under the Digital Workplace Programme such us:
- Managed device rollout (Windows 10, Linux, MacOS and mobile devices)
- Rollout of OneDrive and SharePoint to Staff and Students
- Enterprise VPN
In addition, they will work closely with stakeholders, third parties and customers to ensure requirements are fully captured from inception, developing technical solutions and services, which will be managed through to delivery and into production.
About the You
We are seeking to hire a Tech Lead – End User Computing and we are looking for a subject matter expert that has a passion for new tools, technologies, devices and is motivated by continuous improvement. As the Tech Lead you will have extensive experience of a range of End User technologies and platforms. This is a challenging and important position for a bright, motivated and enthusiastic person.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate significant experience in the of End User technologies and platforms. Strong skills and experience in the following skillsets are essential:
- Very good understanding of endpoint mobility solutions to provide a seamless user experience across the desktop, laptop, tablets to smartphones
- Strong technical knowledge and practical experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows OS, MacOS and/or Linux
- Microsoft SCCM/Intune, Jamf and/or Puppet
- Microsoft 365 including OneDrive and SharePoint
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Collaborate with Project Managers and technical leads to ensure workstreams deliver products/services to the project objectives, within specified time and quality
- Coordinate key project technical dependencies and resources across specific phases, or groups of phases, of the project
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical people
- Very good understanding of general protocols and standards TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and other common network protocols.
About the IT Services Department
The IT Services function sits within the Professional Services Department and is part of the professional services group that enable and facilitate the success of our students and academics. Along with other professional service areas the IT Services seeks to deliver value for money through technology, efficiency, economy, effectiveness and equity.
About Queen Mary
At Queen Mary University of London, we believe that a diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
We offer competitive salaries, access to a generous pension scheme, 30 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time/fixed-term), a season ticket loan scheme and access to a comprehensive range of personal and professional development opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of work life balance and family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and campus facilities including an on-site nursery at the Mile End campus.
The post is full time, fix term appointment for 12 months. Salary is on our Grade 6 scale and will be in the range £47,325 to £52,833 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
Queen Mary’s commitment to our diverse and inclusive community is embedded in our appointments processes. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We are open to considering applications from candidates wishing to work flexibly.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Skender Osmani at email@example.com
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 27 October 2020.
Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.