Department: IT Services
Salary: £34,220 - £40,194 (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 12-Mar-2020
Closing date: 26-Mar-2020
We are seeking a self-motivated IT network professional to join the Queen Mary University of London IT Services Network Team. The team comprises of up to nine specialist staff. This role is to work within the Network Operations group to support and deliver an enterprise network, enabling the University to deliver on its ambitious strategic goals of excellence in research, teaching and learning.
The Network Operations group manage and support key network hardware including 700 Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches and over 2000 Cisco 2700 wireless Access Points. The group also support DHCP & DNS services via an Infoblox appliances Grid and provides SSL certificate management on the University’s F5 Application Delivery Controllers.
The Network Operation group work closely with the Network Design and Delivery group to implement customer-focused, robust, secure and reliable network infrastructure.
The main duties of the post are:
- Management of network Requests and Incidents via appropriate Service Desk tools
- Troubleshooting wired & wireless network issues
- Installation of temporary networks for events & conferences
- Managing the deployment of wireless Access Points
- Installation and Configuration of new and existing network switch stacks
- Implementation of standard changes to the University’s DHCP & DNS Services
- Maintenance of network monitoring applications (Including Solarwinds and Cisco Prime)
The post is a full time, and permanent, starting salary will be in the range of £34,220 - £40,194 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to the Head of Network Services, Mike Wearden email@example.com
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 26th March 2020. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality