Department: School of Biological & Chemical Sciences
Salary: £34,220 Pro Rata (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 17-Mar-2020
Closing date: 13-Apr-2020
We invite applications for a Finance Officer, based at the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London to work on a major EU INTERREG France (Channel) England funded project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund investigating the extent, sources and solutions to plastic pollution across the region. It involves 18 research and end-user partner organisations in England and France.
We are seeking to recruit a candidate who is highly numerate, and confident with financial data, who has had experience of supporting the financial management of a high value contract and who has a good knowledge of financial systems (eg Agresso) and accounting methodologies. The successful candidate will:
- Provide high-level, professional and comprehensive support to the Finance Manager in preparing and submitting six monthly financial claims with supporting evidence to the INTERREG Joint Secretariat, and liaising with the First Level Controller (auditor) regarding each audit report.
- Support the checking of partner claims and payment amounts with the finance manager, as part of the claim and payment approval process.
- Need to have knowledge of legislation around financial and procurement regulations
The post holder must have:
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to effect change through collaboration, negotiation and problem solving.
- Strong customer ethos and the ability to deliver objectives within set deadlines
- Confidence with financial data and its analysis and interpretation for different audiences
It is expected that the successful candidate will have a University Degree or equivalent. Fluency in both French and English would be desirable
Awareness of EU funder rules or experience of financial administration of grant funding, including of EU projects, preferably funded by INTERREG and other schemes such as ERDF is desirable. As is a good understanding of the higher education sector..
The post is 0.7 FTE and is fixed term until 31 March 2023 when the project funding ends. The expected start date is April 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The salary is £34,220 Pro Rata per annum and is inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave (pro rata) and a pension scheme.
The work will be based at the Mile End Campus, Queen Mary University of London, in close collaboration with the QMUL team based at the River Laboratory, Wareham, Dorset.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Iwan Jones at email@example.com
Details about the school can be found at http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/
To apply for the role please click the link below.
The closing date for applications is 13 April 2020. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality