Department: Marketing & Communications
Salary: £27,251 - £33,615 per annum inclusive of London Allowance (Grade 3)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 20-May-2019
Closing date: 02-Jun-2019
We are looking for a self-motivated Student Ambassador and Events Officer to join our busy and fast-moving Recruitment and Widening participation team. Sitting within the Wider Marketing and Communications Directorate – the team is responsible for student recruitment and WP activities across the UK. You will be supporting the team to deliver on these activities by:
- Coordinating outreach activities both on and off campus including campus tours, offer holder days, teacher’s conference and other student-focused activities.
- Supporting the Student Recruitment and WP Senior Officers by coordinating marketing campaigns targeting schools (direct mail, emails).
- Spporting the coordination of communications plans through the CRM, the website and other channels - including reporting on impact and effectiveness.
- Supporting the Student Recruitment and WP Managers on all aspects of student ambassador programme - including recruitment, payments, monitoring, training, administration and performance reviewing.
- Acting as a first point of contact from schools and prospects by maintaining email inboxes and answering calls.
- Auditing and keeping a track of events materials.
- Acting at the central point of contact for all financial enquiries and processes.
This is a key role where you will be the central point of contact for the Recruitment and WP teams. We are looking for our ideal candidate with the following qualities:
- Brilliant organisational and social skills and happy to work as a team or independently.
- Strong technical ability and able to adapt quickly to our CRM, Finance and Web systems.
- Excellent editorial (writing, proofing) and numerical skills with great attention to detail.
- Experienced of organising small to medium sized events from briefing to delivery.
- Happy to work occasional evenings and weekends to support the university’s recruitment and WP events and activities.
The post is full time and permanent. Starting salary will be in the range £27,251 - £33,615 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Mrs Negin Parvizi at N.Parvizi@qmul.ac.uk.
To apply, please visit the Human Resources website on http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/vacancies and search for reference QMUL18621.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd June 2019.
Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality