Department: IT Services
Salary: £21,696 - £26,556 per annum (pro rata) (Grade 2)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 17-Apr-2019
Closing date: 01-May-2019
Business Support Service Administrative Assistant
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Business Support Administrative Assistant to assist Business Support Services within IT Services (ITBSS). The role will deliver a professional support service focused on customer service. The duties include but not limited to:
- Cover of the IT Reception as and when required, processing deliveries, acting as main point of contact for IT Reception, ordering stock as required, dealing with all Reception enquiries e.g. signing out keys and oyster cards for IT Service staff.
- Preparing meeting rooms for meetings/interviews
- Raising Purchase Orders for ordering goods for IT Services
- Working on monthly Purchase Order report, goods receipting and closing PO’s which are no longer needed
- Assisting the Business Support Team with financial year end
- Assisting the Team with invoicing e.g. raising PO’s for suppliers and ensuring that invoices are being paid on time
- Handling all invoices received by Business Support, using Agresso to check whether or not invoices have been paid, liaising with suppliers about Purchase Orders
- Processing expense claims forms for IT Services (checking, copying and accurately filing copies of forms) delivering the forms to the Finance department in order for staff to be reimbursed
- Processing overtime forms and season ticket loan forms. Making copies of forms and filing, then delivering by hand to the HR Department
- Filing away delivery notes for all goods bought by Business Support as well as processing petty cash forms, and new contractor agreement forms
- Checking and goods receipting contractor timesheets, raising PO’s for new contractors and liaising with agencies regarding contractors. Recording days worked by contractors on Contractor Timesheet spreadsheet. Managing and maintaining the Contractors PO report sheet, including adding new information as well as continuously changing and checking progress. Working with other members of IT Services on Contractors PO report sheet to ensure that everyone is updated on new starters and those contractors which have left QMUL
- Dealing with request and incident tickets on LanDesk, transferring quotes into requisitions, ordering goods for internal customers e.g. ordering paper for customers, purchasing IT equipment, laptops, stationary, IP Phones etc.
- Goods receipting and processing paper delivery notes for Central Print Service orders.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries for further information, please contact Ms Kris Bush, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full job details including a job description and person specification and to apply for the role please visit http://www.jobs.qmul.ac.uk/ and search for reference QMUL15994
The closing date for all applications is: 01st May 2019
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality