Department: VP Health's Office
Salary: No associated remuneration
Location: Charterhouse Square
Date posted: 18-Mar-2019
Closing date: 10-May-2019
Athena SWAN Chair – Self Assessment Team, School of Medicine
Internal applications are invited to undertake the role of Athena SWAN Chair, Self Assessment Team (SAT). The post sits within the VP Health Office of the School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD), one of the three faculties that comprise Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL). This role reports directly to the VP Health, and the post-holder will be a member of the SMD Executive Board.
The School of Medicine currently holds a Silver Athena SWAN Award and is supported by the Athena Swan co-ordinator and EDI Data Officers. As chair, you will lead SMD on the delivery of the Athena SWAN Action Plan and future submissions for the School of Medicine. Working with the Vice-Principal (Health), the Faculty EDI Lead, and senior staff from across the Faculty, you will advise and assist in the implementation of key policies and initiatives emerging from the Action Plan, working across the Athena SWAN SAT, Senior Executive Board, QMSE and /or Senate as appropriate.
Core elements of the role include:
- Having an active and inspired interest in inclusion and equality issues.
- Promote equitable working cultures to ensure all staff can achieve their maximum potential.
- Provide oversight of gender equality across the spectrum of the Faculty’s core business.
- To be a member of and to provide monthly updates to the School Executive Board
- Enhance SMDs external status as an ‘employer of choice’ to female staff.
- Ensure the School of Medicine achieves and maintains at least a Silver Award.
The role attracts the following SMD Senior Executive Board approved Athena Swan Tariff: 2 hours allocated time per week/ committee. Applicants are advised to discuss the role with their line managers in advance of applying.
For further details, please refer to the Job Profile.
For informal discussions about the role, please contact: Prof. Maralyn Druce: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications: should be submitted via the link below. Please include a covering letter and up to date CV.
Deadline: Friday 10th May, 2019.
Interviews: Will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.