Department: IT Services
Salary: £33,615 - £39,483 (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 02-Apr-2019
Closing date: 02-May-2019
Queen Mary University of London is the fourth largest College of the University of London and has gained a reputation for the high-quality of its academic teaching and research. It has some 18,000 students studying for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in three sectors: Science & Engineering; Humanities, Social Sciences, and Law; and the School of Medicine and Dentistry. The College has around 4,000 staff and a turnover of £300 million per annum.
The IT Services Department is currently looking to invest in an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Client Devices Analyst. IT Services currently provides Information Systems Development and support, IT infrastructure (including network, telephony, email and web services) and IT services for staff and students.
The college requires a client devices analyst with expertise in Client Devices to manage the creation and operation of standard operating environments covering the delivery of three key infrastructure services to our end users;
- The Student Teaching Service; covering approximately 2,500 shared Windows and Linux PC’s
- The Staff Service; covering a mixture of Windows, Mac, Linux devices supporting 4,000 staff
- Mobile Device Management; covering Mac, Android and Windows mobile devices supplied to staff
- Linux system builds, upgrades and automation
- Support of the Linux desktop environment
- Escalating issues to team members where necessary
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
The ideal candidate will have;
- Degree and/or professional qualification in IT subject or significant management experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with Linux in a system administration or engineer capacity
- Puppet / Ansible / Chef experience
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Scripting skills for automation of tasks (shell/python)
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- ITIL foundation qualified or demonstrate significant management and operational experience using an appropriate best practice framework
The post is full time and permanent starting as soon as possible. Starting salary will be in the range £33,615 - £39,483 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Closing date for all completed application is 2 May 2019.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality