Department: Marketing & Communications
Salary: £33,615 - £39,483 per annum (Grade 4)
Date posted: 08-Jan-2019
Closing date: 20-Jan-2019
Queen Mary University of London is looking for a talented Web Officer to help us plan and build better websites, strengthening our reputation as a leader in the higher education sector.
As part of the Marketing and Communications directorate's in-house Web team you will:
- Assist in the production of high-quality websites that will effectively raise the university’s profile and support student and staff recruitment, academic research and other marketing objectives.
- Contribute to the overall Queen Mary web presence, strengthening the Queen Mary brand online and ensuring a consistent, first-rate user experience.
This fast-paced role is ideally suited to someone who wants to become part of large-scale digital transformation.
Skills and experience:
- In-depth understanding of user experience (UX)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of HTML
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) project management (desirable)
- Experience of working in higher education is preferred, but not essential.
At Queen Mary University of London, we believe that the diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
Our reformer heritage informs our conviction that great ideas can and should come from anywhere. It’s an approach that has brought results across the globe, from the communities of east London to the favelas of Rio de Janeiro.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
The Web team is based at the Mile End campus in east London and our office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete the application with details of why you would be great for this job, including your CV, portfolio website and links to any sites you have worked on.
The post is full time on a permanent contract. Starting salary will be in the range £33,615 - £39,483 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Mr Richard Hirst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
To apply click on the link below.
The closing date for applications is 20 January 2019. Interviews will be held shortly after.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality