Department: School of Biological & Chemical Sciences
Salary: £26,717 (Grade 3)
Date posted: 21-Dec-2017
Closing date: 11-Jan-2018
The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences is one of the largest Schools within Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). The School is committed to excellence in research and teaching and offers a lively and stimulating environment for both staff and students.
Applications are sought for a fixed term (7 months) Bee Laboratory Technician to support the ongoing work in bee behavioural science in Lars Chittka’s laboratory at QMUL
The post holder will:
- Provide specific technical support for experiments in bee behavioural biology and learning
- Keep the lab well stocked, orderly and clean
- Assist with data analysis and preparation of figures for scientific publications
- Support staff with particular non-scientific tasks, including ordering of materials, stocktaking of reagents, archiving samples, updating and maintaining documents relating to health and safety in the lab
- Liaise with lab members to find out which particular experiments need support and allocate efforts accordingly
The prospective technician should have specific knowledge and experience of behavioural experiments, ideally with bees or other insects.
The post is full time and fixed for a period of 7 months. The salary will be £26,717 pro rata, per annum and inclusive of London Allowance.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
For further information about the School, please visit the School’s website on: http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk
To apply, please click on the link below
Application enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is 11th January 2018. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity and Committed to Equality