Department: School of Biological & Chemical Sciences
Salary: £32,956 to £38,709 (Grade 4)
Date posted: 13-Dec-2017
Closing date: 07-Jan-2018
The School of Biological & Chemical Sciences (SBCS) is one of 5 Schools in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.at Queen Mary University of London. The SBCS is divided into 4 departments: Chemistry & Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Organismal Biology and Psychology. The School is home to 90 academic employees, 28 administrative staff and 27 technicians. The School has approximately 1800 undergraduate students and 200 postgraduate students.
We are looking to appoint a Marketing & Communications Officer, who will be responsible for managing and developing online and offline marketing channels for the School; including web, social, email and printed marketing collateral to effectively raise the School’s profile and support student and staff recruitment, research and other marketing objectives.
Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. A professional marketing qualification or web technologies qualification is desirable. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
· Experience of maintaining and developing websites using Content Management Systems
· Excellent IT skills including MS Office, software graphics packages, databases and industry standard applications such as Photoshop
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an excellent command of English language, fluidity in writing-style, and strong editing skills
· Experience of writing persuasive copy for a variety of audiences
- Ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative
· Excellent attention to detail with highly developed visual awareness and design skills
The post is full time and permanent. The salary scale will be in the range of £32,956 to £38,709 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Salary will be according to qualifications, skills and experience. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, a defined benefit pension scheme and an interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme
For further information about the School, please see http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk
Application enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click the link below.