Department: IT Services
Salary: £34,220 per annum (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 03-Aug-2021
Closing date: 17-Aug-2021
Department of IT Services
Campus Customer Support L2
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and self-motivated Campus Support Technician to provide first/second line IT support.
Essential requirements for this post include a high level of customer service skills, ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines, demonstrable experience working with a wide range of hardware and software including operating systems (Win/Mac/Linux). Experience in a similar or related role within an ITIL compliant organisation is required. Applicants must show experience of team and independent working.
The Successful applicant will be required to:
- Deliver best in class Customer Service with Customer Satisfaction as the driver
- Respond to and resolve customer IT requests and incidents
- Diagnose and fix all desktop equipment from PCs, tablets, laptops, audio visual equipment, Apple Macs, Unix workstations, telephones and other peripheral devices.
- Work in collaboration with other site teams to ensure College wide services are fully supported and maintained.
- Investigate and resolve complex queries
- Deliver to defined Service Levels Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Use initiative to plan immediate work priorities and react to changing priorities
- Be an escalation point for other team members
- Shift work may be required
- Permanently based onsite and some travel might be required
- Produce and review process documentation
- Be flexible, approachable and willing to learn
About Queen Mary
At Queen Mary University of London, we believe that a diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
We offer competitive salaries, access to a generous pension scheme, 30 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time/fixed-term), a season ticket loan scheme and access to a comprehensive range of personal and professional development opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of work life balance and family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and campus facilities including an on-site nursery at the Mile End campus.
The post is based at the Mile End Campus in London. It is full time (35 hours per week), fixed term appointment for one year, with an expected start date of 6th September 2021 The starting salary will be Grade 4, £34,220 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance.
Queen Mary’s commitment to our diverse and inclusive community is embedded in our appointments processes. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We are open to considering applications from candidates wishing to work flexibly.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as women as this group is underrepresented at this level at Queen Mary.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to (Nadeem Saleem) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 020 7882 7104.
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 17th August 21.
Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality