Department: IT Services
Salary: £38,084-£44,807 per annum (Grade 5)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 27-Jul-2021
Closing date: 10-Aug-2021
Linux Applications Technical Analyst
About Queen Mary University of London
As one of the largest University of London colleges, Queen Mary is looking to invest in a talented and dynamic Technical Application Analyst who is seeking a new challenge within a complex and diverse applications group.
The IT Services Applications group provides services across a large portfolio of cutting edge enterprise applications for business administration, teaching and learning and is responsible for the delivery, management and technical support of these applications.
The Applications Technical Support team is seeking a talented and dynamic Technical Application Analyst to provide third line technical support and project work for the College’s business critical corporate applications. You will need to have extensive experience of technical support of applications running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform, while any Windows Server experience would also be beneficial. Furthermore you should have experience of successful identification, diagnosis, management and resolution of server-based problems.
As a key member of the Applications Technical Support team you will be instrumental in ensuring the overall design of mission critical enterprise applications and ensuring they are delivered effectively, reliably and efficiently.
Core Technical Skills
- Strong working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / 7 and Windows Server 2008 / 2012.
- Good knowledge of application deliveries such as Apache web server and Apache Tomcat.
- Good knowledge of LAMP technologies.
- Well-developed Windows Server experience a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of application delivery technologies TCP/IP, LAN networking (DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, FTP).
- Experience of Oracle and/or MySQL application database backend is highly desirable.
- Have substantial experience built up working with business critical applications in a variety of environments.
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others in the provision of innovative and cost effective solutions
- High level, proven inter-personal and communications skills and have the ability to recognise and pass on knowledge to others
- Good problem solving and documentation skills
You will be part of a technical team of six application analysts and will work closely with both the second-line functional support and infrastructure teams to provide third-line technical BAU support for applications such as the Academic Repository system (DSpace) and the Student Records system (SITS), among others. Prior experience with either of these applications will be advantageous, though not a pre-requisite.
You will be the technical specialist for the applications you support, developing an in-depth knowledge of the systems and taking responsibility for the planning, technical implementation, development and operational support. You will need to identify customer requirements and use project management methodology and your excellent communication skills to provide effective and efficient delivery of services to customers.
Queen Mary University of London offers an extensive benefits package. Starting salary will be in the range £38,084-£44,807 per annum inclusive of London Allowance, 30 days annual leave, defined benefit pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Closing date for applications is 10 August 2021. Interviews will take place shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality