Department: Marketing & Communications
Salary: £34,220- £40,194 per annum (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 07-Jun-2021
Closing date: 23-Jun-2021
About the Role
As the Student Acquisition Senior Officer you will play a part in one of the University’s key roles to deliver campaigns and lead generation for the undergraduate and postgraduate course portfolios. This role is also paramount in managing the promotion and engagement communication across the student life cycle and as such, is fundamental to the provision of a high quality, personalised student experience.
This role sits in a campaigns and conversion cluster within the student recruitment, outreach and widening participation (WP) function (a part of the wider Marketing and Communications directorate). Overall the team is responsible for marketing of the profile of Queen Mary University of London and its educational programmes, and the attraction and recruitment of students from WP backgrounds as well as students from the UK more generally, EU and Overseas.
- You will have experience in executing student recruitment campaigns in the HE sector in collaboration with a wider marketing and communications team
- You will have had responsibility in managing brand and recruitment campaigns, conversion activities and the creation of content for multi-channel activities
- You will be competent in leading on the development of content pieces (including production, copywriting, briefing designers, etc.) for student recruitment purposes
- You will have experience in proactively scheduling, monitoring and generating campaign content for all social media channels
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external suppliers including media buyers, designers, etc.
- Ability to proactively use and advocate CRM and other relevant systems for campaign activities
- Ability to proactively use campaign and content marketing tracking procedures to ensure activities are impactful
- You will have experience in managing and prioritising a varied workload whilst working accurately under pressure
About Queen Mary
At Queen Mary University of London, we believe that a diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
We offer competitive salaries, access to a generous pension scheme, 30 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time/fixed-term), a season ticket loan scheme and access to a comprehensive range of personal and professional development opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of work life balance and family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and campus facilities including an on-site nursery at the Mile End campus.
The post is based at the Mile End Campus in London. It is full time (35 hours per week) fixed-term appointment for up to 12 months, with an expected start date of August 2021. The starting salary will be Grade 4, in the range of £34,220- £40,194 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance.
Queen Mary’s commitment to our diverse and inclusive community is embedded in our appointments processes. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We are open to considering applications from candidates wishing to work flexibly.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as men as this group is underrepresented at this level at Queen Mary.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Tania Surridge at email@example.com
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 23rd June 2021.
Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality