Department: Estates & Facilities - Campus Services
Salary: £38,084 - £40,194 per annum (Grade 5)
Date posted: 20-Jul-2021
Closing date: 02-Aug-2021
About the Role
To be the central point of contact for the Estates and Facilities Operational Team based at Dept W. To manage and supervise the reactive and pro-active work activities completed by the Estates and Facilities Team to achieve and maintain the agreed service level standards.
To monitor spend under your control as set and directed by the Operations Manager.
To support The Operations Manager by proactively identifying and implementing change that will support the continual improvement of Estates and Facilities services and experience for those situated within Dept W.
To support all Departments based at Dept W ensuring the new ways of working are embraced and adhered to.
To adhere to and carry out risk assessments and COSHH assessments for all activities ensuring safe working practices, to immediately report, and act on, any non-compliant activities or recommended actions.
To ensure staff training, awareness and compliance with QM Health and Safety and COSHH policy and procedures and assist the Assistant Facilities Manager in the development and maintenance of risk assessments/COSSH forms and accurate audit and training records in this area.
To have: -
- A professional qualification in Facilities Management or equivalent relevant experience
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- A Health and Safety qualification in relevant area or demonstrable experience.
- Experience in co-ordinating and liaising with cleaning, maintenance and Department colleagues.
- Experience working as a part of a customer-focused team and team working
- Experience in customer service and stakeholder management
- Good communication skills, able to effectively transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and work with a wide variety of customers
The post is full time permanent appointment. Starting salary will be £38,084 - £40,194 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Claire Marchant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 020 7882 8775.
Details about the Estates and Facilities Directorate can be found at http://www.estates.qmul.ac.uk/
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 02 August 2021. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality