Department: Estates & Facilities - Campus Services
Salary: Starting salary will be £22,781pa (Grade 2)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 22-Sep-2021
Closing date: 06-Oct-2021
About the Role
- To act as the first point of contact for customers and visitors to the Operations Office, dealing with enquiries s required.
- Provide effective administrative support to the Operations Team and the Campus Maintenance Managers.
- To assist in the smooth day-to-day running of the Estates and Facilities Operations Office, adhering to the correct processes and procedures
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices in line with the Universities financial procedures, liaising as appropriate with colleagues in the Finance Directorate.
- Raise reactive and planned work requests on the Ivanti (helpdesk) system.
- To provide effective administration of the RMS system, including the recording of quotes, invoices and all other records as required by the Campus Maintenance Managers.
- To provide effective secretarial support to meetings, producing and issuing minutes to attendees as required.
- Produce forms, letters, and other correspondence, as and when required, ensuring that such correspondence is circulated and/or issued within the deadlines set
- Maintain a register for the provision of uniforms and PPE for the Operations Team.
- Monitor stocks of stationery, equipment, and other items, and replenish as necessary.
- Assist and advise the Campus Maintenance Managers in ordering goods or services, monitoring expenditure in line with best practice and College financial and procurement regulations.
You will have GCSE or equivalent including English and Math’s, experience of providing administrative support in a busy environment. Excellent IT skills and experience of MS word and excel software applications. It would be desirable to have knowledge of a Risk Management system. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and experience of working in a team environment.
The post is full time 35 hours per week and permanent. The starting salary will be of £22,781 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as women as this group is underrepresented at this level at Queen Mary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Sarah Nightingale email@example.com
Details about the Estates and Facilities Directorate can be found at http://www.estates.qmul.ac.uk/
To apply for the role, please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is 6 October 2021. Interviews are expected to be held or shortly thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality