Department: IT Services
Salary: £31,613 to £40,194 per annum (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Date posted: 15-Jun-2021
Closing date: 30-Jun-2021
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic student systems support analyst to help us support a wide range of staff and student processes at Queen Mary University of London.
The Student Systems team provides development and operational support for Student Systems which underpin the University’s administration processes behind the Student Lifecycle. The Student Systems Team supports business critical processes such as admissions processes, enrolment, module selection, research degrees, awards, student enquiry, student immigration status, regulatory reporting, timetabling, alumni and more. The core system used for these processes is the Student Information System (Tribal SITS/eVision).
Main duties and responsibilities
The Student Systems Support Analyst will play a full and active role in the maintenance of student systems within the University, and timely provision of day-to-day support to student information applications users.
- Use specialist knowledge to recommend, design and deliver solutions to address needs of the business owners and end users, and continually improve efficiency, continuity and the IT customer experience.
- Apply specialist knowledge to provide advice and support to respond to and resolve customer requests/incidents/problems. Deliver to defined Service Levels Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- In consultation with the Team Manager plan and progress project-related work.
- Conduct analysis of student information systems to solve/resolve problems and issues, assisting in the creation of recommendations to support informed decision making.
- Review performance and utility of student information systems and help with planning, design, implementation, integration, maintenance and documentation.
- Manage and plan own workload to deliver to agreed targets and timescales, using industry best practice methodologies to deliver value.
You should apply if
You have a proven track record of supporting staff, students and/or applicants in their use of a wide range of functionality provided using Tribal SITS and eVision as well as performing essential “behind the scenes” tasks to keep SITS running smoothly. You have a versatile and analytical approach to solving problems with a keen eye for opportunities to improve processes and systems.
We offer competitive salaries, access to a generous pension scheme, 30 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time/fixed-term), a season ticket loan scheme and access to a comprehensive range of personal and professional development opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of work life balance and family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and campus facilities including an on-site nursery at the Mile End campus.
The post is a full time indefinite appointment. Salary is on our Grade 4 scale and will be in the range £31,613 to £40,194 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
Queen Mary’s commitment to our diverse and inclusive community is embedded in our appointments processes. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We are open to considering applications from candidates wishing to work flexibly.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Elaine Ellul at email@example.com
To apply please click on the Apply button below.
Closing date for all completed application is 30 June 2021.