Search and apply
Welcome to Queen Mary. You can create your own tailored job search and receive email alerts. To view current vacancies at QMUL, choose All Jobs and use the box at the top of the page to search or key words, or scroll down.
Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the UK's top research universities, ranked fifth for world-leading and internationally excellent research (REF 2014).
We are committed to providing our students with an education that is judged internationally to be of the highest quality, and which exploits innovations in teaching, learning and assessment.
We are an inclusive employer offering equal opportunities to candidates from all backgrounds and identities. We support our diverse staff and student population through delivery of our EDI Objectives & Strategy, including our commitment to Athena SWAN, the Race Equality Charter, and Stonewall WEI.
We are proud of our local community, with a culture of contributing to our local area through public engagement, research, volunteering, and partnerships.
Our staff deliver research that makes an impact and inspires our students. From the discovery of a new world, Proxima b, to the application of new cancer treatments; the shaping of international trade policies to the physics of music - our research influences public policy, improves health and social conditions, advances specialist knowledge, and informs cultural debate.
We have a strong reputation for disciplinary and multi-disciplinary excellence in the areas of medicine, science, engineering, humanities, social sciences and creative industries. Our three faculties, our Life Sciences Initiative, and our specialist research centres and institutes are supported by colleagues in Professional Services.
Queen Mary is good at commercialising innovations from our researchers, effectively translating our research for societal and economic impact. Spin-outs created with our academics during the past few years have seen remarkable success, including: Apatech, based on synthetic bone substitutes, sold in 2010 for ~£200m; hVIVO based in our bioincubator Queen Mary Bioenterprises with market value of ~£160m; and Actual Experience, with a market value of ~£100m.
We are committed to building an international presence through activities that transcend national boundaries and which allow us to engage with talented students and researchers at like-minded institutions in all parts of the world. Check out our map that shows how extensive our relationships are with partners around the globe: qmul.ac.uk/partnerships.
A word from our Principal and President, Professor Colin Bailey
"Universities are all about people; everyone has a role to play in pushing the boundaries of knowledge and providing excellent teaching and learning. This enables us, as an institution, to create opportunities for the next generation, tackle global challenges, contribute to cultural development and create social and economic benefits. Join us and help us continue the development of our great university."
The Festival of Ideas, Welcome and Wellbeing
QMUL offers many staff-focused events throughout the year, providing opportunities to meet colleagues from across the institution, learn about all the exciting work taking place, and help celebrate our contributions.
- The annual Festival of Ideas takes staff on a journey of fun, imagination and discovery - learning about the exciting and diverse research undertaken here at QMUL.
- The staff Welcome event is part of a programme of induction that covers everything from booking leave to understanding your role in the success of the institution.
- Queen Mary is committed to providing a healthy working environment and improving the quality of working lives for all our staff. The Wellbeing Programme focuses on the importance of the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, and highlights all the benefits, services and support available for you.
Did you know?
- We are a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
- We are fifth in the UK for percentage of research ranked 4* and 3* (REF 2014)
- We have 8 Nobel Laureates among former staff and alumni
- It has been more than 230 years since we started teaching
- QMUL was the first institution to be awarded the Engage Watermark Gold Award for excellence in public engagement
- We were the first university in the UK to research and implement the Living Wage for staff
- We are rated Silver for teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- Not only do we have five campuses across east and central London, but we offer teaching in China, France, Greece, Malta and Singapore
Key facts and figures
- 4,500+ staff
- 23,100+ students
- 2,093 EU and 8,197 international students
- 162 nationalities
- 240+ undergraduate degrees plus 100 new study abroad degree options (2017)
- 500+ postgraduate programmes
- Five campuses in London
- £400m turnover (2015/16)
- £137m research income (2015/16)
- 211 colleagues with Higher Education Authority Fellowships
- More facts and figures